Site news

Apprenticeship Opportunity in Lubbock

Picture of Claudine Crews
Apprenticeship Opportunity in Lubbock
by Claudine Crews - Monday, 22 October 2018, 4:24 PM

Heritage Births in Lubbock, Texas is looking for an apprentice to join my practice.  A senior apprentice in her primary phase would be ideal, but I'm open to speaking with apprentices in earlier phases as well.  I just opened my birth center here this summer and I'm averaging about 4-5 births each month, some home birth, mostly birth center birth.  Since West Texas does not have many options for midwives, I have clients who are driving from up to 2 hours away for this experience and they are very excited to have the freedom to choose where they give birth.  There are also a couple of other midwives in the Texas panhandle that would be willing to assist with the preceptorship so that you can get the required number of signatures needed.  There will be no financial compensation expected from the student in exchange for her apprenticeship, but unpaid office work related to midwifery operations will be required.  The student will be expected to be available 24/7, unless otherwise arranged in advance.  There is no student housing available, so you will need to make your own arrangements.  There is the possibility of future hire as a salaried staff midwife once licensed.  If you have any questions or if you are interested in speaking with me further about an apprenticeship, please feel free to contact me at: heritagebirths@gmail.com or 806-224-8617.  Please visit my website at: www.heritagebirths.com to learn more about me, my birth philosophy, and my practice.